The Health Sector is operating in a highly pressured environment.
- The public’s expectations about patient care and health results are increasing.
- Facilities are stretched through increased demand.
- Clinicians and medical staff want improved pay, conditions and balance of life.
- Hospitals are operating with constrained budgets.
The work programme the Sector now needs to undertake presents significant challenges.
This requires the support of expert practitioners across a wide range of disciplines – skilled business advice, deep health experience, project leadership, technical support and the insight to manage change successfully. We can provide this expertise.
How KPMG can help
We focus on the following critical areas.
- Stronger contribution of non-clinical services to patient care and improved health outcomes.
- Realisation of cost savings and lower total cost of ownership.
- Higher return on investment from capital assets, equipment, goods and services.
- Raising organisation capability and the establishment of effective functional groups to improve productivity.
- Shifting resources and investment to the front line.
- Risk management and maintenance of business as usual though programmes of extensive change.
- Realisation of economies of scale and improved services through mergers and shared services.
- Financial improvement.
- Public Private Partnerships.
- Supply chain optimisation.
- Process improvement.
- Capital asset and materials management.
- Organisation redesign.
- Programme and change management.
- Governance improvement and shared service/collaboration enablement.
- Functional productivity and service quality improvement.
- A range of tax, finance , audit and risk management services.
- Private sector valuations, due diligence, mergers and acquisitions.
- Outsourcing advantage assessment and enablement.