Based on our in-depth discussions with agribusiness industry leaders, in our view, it's about time:
- for commercial collaborations and market integration with customers to create transformational innovation
- to recognise that strategic foreign co-investment in our agricultural sector has the potential to unlock significant economic value for New Zealand
- for the Government to consider preferential funding mechnaisms for students wanting to pursue subjects critical to the economy, like agricultural studies
- for a reasoned and informed debate on issues that will define the future of New Zealand agriculture, such as genetic technologies and farm intensification
- for funding pro-active research into biosecurity threats to maintain our predominantly disease free status
- to invest in technology to maximise productivity and value realised behind the farm-gate.