Help for overseas companies looking to do business in NZ.
Are you planning to start a business in New Zealand? Or are you looking for expert advice on managing your New Zealand-based operations?
You’ve already made a smart choice, because New Zealand is widely recognised as being a great place to do business. In 2013, New Zealand was ranked second by Forbes in their annual list of the Best Countries for Business.
If you’re ready to make the most of your New Zealand-based opportunity, KPMG New Zealand can help. Our team of professionals are specialists at advising overseas companies or non-New Zealand residents on everything related to doing business here.
Like most developed countries around the world, New Zealand’s financial reporting standards and tax laws are constantly changing. To maximise your success, you must ensure you’re meeting all your New Zealand tax and statutory compliance obligations. KPMG can help you to comply with these efficiently; while saving you considerable time, distraction and costs.
We can also help you with:
- Tendering for work in New Zealand. We can advise on all local requirements to run the contract successfully – including tax obligations, employment, financial reporting requirements and more.
- Starting a business (or branch or subsidiary) in New Zealand. KPMG can guide you through the process of establishing a business here, including the tax implications of having a ‘permanent establishment’ in New Zealand.
- Acquiring an existing business. We can help you identify and value the companies to target; as well as the best way to structure the acquisition, from both a legal and tax viewpoint.
- Managing your New Zealand-based operations. KPMG’s dedicated Private Enterprise team can offer your business truly comprehensive support. We’ll provide everything you need to comply, and thrive, within the local business environment.
- Moving your people to New Zealand. Whether you’re an offshore employer with people in New Zealand – or an individual looking to live and work here – KPMG will help make the transition as smooth as possible.
If you’d like to know more, the next step is to contact us on 0800 224 254 (for international callers +64 9 363 3229) for a no-obligation talk. We can do this via video-conference or phone, at a time convenient for you.
We look forward to talking with you, and helping to accelerate your business success in New Zealand.