As traditional channels such as print, broadcast and film give way to the continuous influx of digital alternatives, media companies need to stay ahead of the game and find new ways to attract and engage the next generation of digital consumers.
Our tax practice helps traditional and digital media organisations find ways to deliver media content in efficient and profitable ways. Working closely with indigenous companies and multinationals, we have developed extensive capabilities in the media arena. We work with a large portfolio of clients in areas such as:
- Tax structuring of media businesses
- Managing global transfer pricing, including licensing and rights management
- Providing advice on the tax implications of digital services
- Providing tax advice on appropriate accounting standards and principles, and advising on conversion projects (IFRS, Irish GAAP and US GAAP)
- Dealing with cross-border assignees tax issues, pensions advice and share schemes.
We also have strong relationships with KPMG International's global tax network of member firms, all of which have an in-depth knowledge of this dynamic industry.
If you require further information on media issues, please contact Anna Scally or any member of our tax team.