KPMG in Ireland is one of the leading advisers to the Investment Management and Funds industry.
Our tax team provide advisory and tax compliance services to clients of all sizes at local, national and global levels.
Our tax services include:
- Assistance with identification of tax risks applicable to an investment fund and advice regarding best practices for implementation of procedures to effectively manage tax risks;
- Assistance with tax structuring i.e. tax efficient fund and investment structures;
- Advice in relation to potential benefits of investor reporting in jurisdictions such as the UK, Germany, Austria and Switzerland;
- Advice regarding ongoing tax issues impacting investment funds e.g. FIN 48, EU withholding tax reclaims, PAYE on directors’ fees, FATCA, Financial Transactions Tax;
- VAT services including ongoing compliance, recovery rate assistance and advisory services (e.g. review of VAT systems process and controls).
Our firm’s broad range of clients include investment managers, wealth managers, fund administrators and service providers who focus on retail/mutual funds, hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, infrastructure funds and other alternative investment funds (e.g. distressed debt and environmental assets) as well as sovereign wealth funds and pension funds.
If you require further information on tax and investment management issues, please contact Seamus Hand or any member of our tax team.