Failure to comply with regulatory requirements can result in damaged reputations and even in penalties and fines being imposed on institutions.
Transforming the Regulatory Agenda
Transforming the Regulatory Agenda - A strategic opportunity for the financial services industry is the first in a series of reports on the importance of implementing a change management framework that centralises and synthesises current and future regulatory demands.
How KPMG can help
KPMG provides regulatory advisory services across the financial services spectrum, offering strong technical advice along with practical business knowledge.
Many leading financial service organisations turn to KPMG’s regulatory professionals to enhance their value and abilities in key areas such as:
- Supporting institutions’ assessments of the impact of new regulatory requirements and preparations for implementation
- Steering institutions through the Central Bank of Ireland’s authorisation process and assisting in the setup of compliance frameworks and, where appropriate, tailoring group wide policies and procedures to the local environment, and harmonising multi-country operations into a single compliance approach
- Providing an independent assessment of institutions’ capital adequacy/solvency position and Internal Capital Adequacy Assessment Process
- Developing and assessing reporting frameworks for the submission of statistical and prudential regulatory returns to the Central Bank of Ireland
- Developing and assessing risk based anti-money laundering arrangements and controls
- Assessing the effectiveness of existing compliance frameworks and benchmarking compliance arrangements against established industry best practice
- Performing regulatory due diligence investigations, in conjunction with transaction services and tax colleagues, for acquisitions, disposals, and management buy-outs
- Providing compliance training to ensure institutions are aware of existing and new regulatory requirements
KPMG has a dedicated team of experienced regulatory professionals who can bring a multi-disciplinary approach to delivering an integrated, business-focused strategy for managing regulatory change. Where required, our regulatory team has access to professionals in KPMG’s other advisory practices and can draw on accounting, forensics, actuarial, IT and other advisers during the course of any work that we undertake.
To keep you on track, KPMG's regulatory advisers can help by:
- Enhancing your ability to meet regulatory requirements and to mitigate risk of failure
- Providing best practice solutions to fit your particular needs
- Optimising processes to maximise efficiencies and cost savings
- Developing a more efficient capital model through a demonstrably stronger control environment
- Ensuring regulatory requirements are embedded throughout the organisation.
If you would like to find out more about the implications of regulation and reform for your business, please do get in touch with Paul O’Connor or any member of our Regulatory Advisory Services team; we’d be delighted to discuss how we can help.