Audit and Accounting Services
KPMG seeks intimate knowledge of our clients’ businesses to help provide greater efficiencies, better controlled risks and improved operations. In today’s dynamic marketplace, audit and accountancy advisory services that help businesses navigate the risks associated with complex transactions can help sustain their steady growth and development.
Effective Irish and international tax strategies are critical for any company and their complexity is often a challenge. KPMG has the local experience in advising the insurance industry, together with the global reach, to consistently and proactively bring market leading advice to our clients.
Our life and non-life experience includes domestic and international insurance, and captive and reinsurance markets, whilst our pensions experience comprises the management and restructuring of defined benefit schemes and the set-up of new defined contribution schemes.
Our dedicated actuarial practice combines technical knowledge and rigorous processes with wide-ranging commercial and market experience to provide progressive, high quality and flexible advice.
Our skill sets are amplified by our immediate access to the full range of knowledge, experience and subject matter expertise of the KPMG Global network of over 700 actuarial practitioners.
For further information, please visit our dedicated actuarial services page.
Regulatory Advisory Services
Our regulatory team comes from both a legal and regulatory background, with extensive knowledge of the Irish and international regulation. KPMG assists in the authorisation process with the Financial Regulator, developing compliance frameworks, reviewing and managing regulatory risks, preparing for regulatory inspections, addressing compliance reporting issues and helping to resolve issues with the regulators.
Business Performance and IT Advisory Services
Both the set-up and maintenance of the controls required to manage the risks faced by the insurance industry requires a rigorous approach, and is an area best dealt with early on in the establishment of a new business. While providing assistance in relation to financial risk, operational and control risk, compliance risk management and internal audit risk management, we can also assist in the preparation of procedures manuals and protocols.
Our services include:
- Statutory actuarial roles including Appointed Actuary services (for life insurers), Signing Actuary services (for life reinsurers and non-life companies) and Approved Actuary services (for Bermudan insurers).
- Solvency II services
- Independent Actuary services
- International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) Advice
- Due Diligence / Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A) Support
- Peer review services
- Expert / Independent Witness Work
- Transfer Pricing
- Start-up support including assistance for new entrant’s application
- Actuarial model development
- Unit pricing support and review
- Assessment of process and controls including “Fast Close”
- Product Pricing
- Insurance Premium Tax Reviews
- VAT structuring
- Internal Audit Support
- Compliance / Regulatory support
- Secondment support
- Outsourcing support
- Training (including training for the board of directors)