KPMG works with a wide range of public and private sector organisations involved in the ownership, financing and operation of Ireland's transport infrastructure and transport services, including airlines, bus companies, rail, road freight operators, and shipping lines.
We know the financial and operational drivers of the transportation sector and can help clients deal with current and emerging issues such as:
- Public-private partnerships
- Outsourcing and third-party arrangements
- Performance improvement
- Mergers, acquisitions and divestitures
- Alternative financing sources.
We know the requirements of transportation companies and the public scrutiny that often accompanies their activities, and we provide strong support to enhance profitability and gain competitive advantage.
We have worked on a diversity of projects, including:
- Financial due diligence on shipping groups and freight airlines
- Providing tax advice to airline and shipping companies seeking to take advantage of Ireland's pro-business corporate tax rates
- Advising both the Irish government and investors on various transport infrastructure programmes, including the NRA €3bn toll road programme and the proposed Dublin Metro North.
- Transport infrastructure deals, on which KPMG has advised the Irish government, have won a number of international awards from trade magazines, including “European Infrastructure Deal of the Year” from Project Finance International, and “European Transport Deal of the Year” and “European PPP Deal of the Year” from Project Finance Magazine.
- KPMG was Infrastructure Journal’s “Transport adviser of the year for 2007”.
Our services to the Transport & Logistics sector include: