Governments, corporations and civil society are grappling with coming to terms with the global economic crisis and are trying to find ways to stimulate growth. It is clear that economic growth is needed and it is also clear that any future growth needs to be along a low or zero carbon trajectory.
Following the Durban climate change negotiations at COP17, there was a high expectation that new and robust agreements will be in place by 2015. In addition the discussions at Rio+20 shed light on how governments around the world plan to address the broader sustainability agenda. With potentially far reaching impacts on the horizon as a result of global sustainability megaforces, businesses and policymakers together must take strategic decisions now and promote changes in long term thinking.
Our professionals can assist you with
Carbon market development, implementation and oversight
- National carbon market design and implementation, including:
- Sectoral carbon market design and implementation, such as land-based transport and built environment
- Carbon registry and auctioning platform design
- Market security and oversight
Climate change and carbon finance
- NAMAs design and implementation
- Public private partnership finance
- Carbon asset management.
Climate change and carbon strategy development and tactical implementation
- Corporate climate change risk management
- Corporate and company climate change strategy development
- Market barrier analysis and clean tech
- Economic modelling.