It works to make internal audit functions, enterprise risk management programs, and risk and controls management more efficient and effective.
Hot button issues for business leaders include a range of complex matters, including:
- IA strategic sourcing (right resources, right place, right time)
- enterprise risk management (structure, risk identification, monitoring, reporting, optimizing)
- regulatory compliance (including SOX)
- contract compliance
- corporate governance
- global sustainability/climate change
- continuous auditing/monitoring
- integrated assurance.
The internal audit function and risk and controls management are often at the forefront in dealing with these matters. Their effectiveness and efficiency can have a major influence on corporate performance and business outcomes.
How we help
KPMG's IARCS practice works with internal audit directors and audit committees to develop a quality internal audit function that delivers strategic business assurance, identifies business opportunities and enhances organizational value. Our member firms' services include:
- evaluating internal audit functions and providing co-sourcing and outsourcing services
- deploying continuous auditing/monitoring techniques
- designing, executing and advising on the use of enterprise risk management
- driving Sarbanes-Oxley and equivalent regulations compliance
- rationalizing monitoring functions and governance practices
- enhancing recoveries and compliance with contracts
- advising on social responsibility and climate change reporting
KPMG's IARCS team is a trusted adviser to many of the world's leading enterprises. We aim to deliver a consistent, cost-effective and high-quality set of services based on:
- a network of over 7,500 financial and operational internal auditors and IT auditors across the globe
- subject matter professionals teaming with internal auditors to enhance value
- experience in CA/CM, ERM, GRC and broader risk and controls management
- IAS practices in over 50 countries
- access to the resources of one of the world's leading professional advisory networks.
KPMG member firms are located in key financial and commercial centers and developed markets. We also have a dynamic presence in the emerging economies of Central and Eastern Europe, Russia, Latin America, India, China and elsewhere in Asia. These resources offer clients a rich supply of information, contacts and business opportunities.