Our teams of seasoned bankers are able to provide complementary skills and experience across a broad range of debt products using their extensive experience of the financial markets and working with a cross section of banking institutions. Our firms’ experience led approach, combined with their significant transaction resource, can be utilized on either a disclosed or undisclosed basis.
In recent years, borrowers have felt increased pressure from their investment and commercial bankers to accept product driven solutions rather than tailored alternatives — and, crucially, without objective argument or full consideration of their strategic and operational requirements. Our member firms’ independence from the providers of financing products enables us to provide wholly objective advice.
The deliverability and structure of debt is usually key to ensuring that long term growth objectives are met. Our experience and market presence gives us intimate knowledge of the appropriate financing options.
In giving you objective advice, we seek to:
- support your decision making with clear analysis of available options and solutions
- provide market experience in relation to the key debt markets, products and counterparties — introducing you whenever needed to key players in the debt capital markets
- create a competitive environment
- arm you for negotiations with bankers and investors
- advise you throughout the transaction process — from initial strategy through to implementation
- help you analyze your options, address the impact of alternative funding routes on your business and objectives
- work with your existing advisory team, providing a specialist perspective on funding related issues
- provide skilled resource to do the heavy lifting
- share our knowledge of the range of potential financiers, their appetite and their attitude to credit, pricing and structure
In doing this, we draw on experience of:
- corporate debt advice in both the bank and capital markets — including new debt issuance and refinancings, IPO related funding, capital markets issues, private placements and financial restructurings
- debt restructuring and renegotiation for under performing companies — including negotiations with banks, bondholders and institutional investors
- leveraged or acquisition finance — including mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts, recapitalizations, exit and divestment financing, stapled debt and alternative debt
- structured finance — covering asset based lending, leasing and securitizations (for whole business transactions, as well as for specific assets)
- real estate and asset financing — including sale and leaseback transactions, OpCo/PropCo structures and reviews of funding options
KPMG firms’ professionals seek to develop longstanding relationships with major institutions that can benefit from advice on a range of financing issues. We are also keen to invest time in an ongoing dialogue to inform our advice when the appropriate opportunity arises.