The PDAC International convention was held on 3-6 March 2013 in Toronto with over 1,000 exhibitors and over 30,000 attendees from 125 countries.
To coincide with the PDAC International Convention, KPMG held a seminar and reception for the mining community.
The seminar called “It’s not the Spending Stupid – it's where it's spent” provided mining industry participants with insight into how companies are tackling the challenges posed by the current economic environment, such as margin shrinkage, capital overruns, as well as the flight towards exploiting lower grade deposits, as higher grade deposits become increasingly rare.
The panel consisted of the following five mining specialists:
- Lee Hodgkinson, Partner Audit & National Industry Leader, Mining and Global Mining Leader, External Audit
- Brad Watson, Partner, Global Infrastructure Advisory, National Practice Leader
- Augusto Patmore, Partner, Global Infrastructure, Advisory & Mining
- David Waldron, Partner, Advisory Management Consulting and Global Mining Leader, Strategy
- Simon Beer, Senior Manager, Global Infrastructure
If you have any questions or wish to obtain any further details about the seminar or KPMG’s participation at PDAC, please contact Victoria Phan.
If you have any questions about KPMG’s participation at PDAC or to request a meeting with one of our mining team members, please contact:
T. +1 416 777 8970