Darryl joined KPMG in July 2009 to assist in the growth of the Global Infrastructure business. He is currently Partner of Global Infrastructure.
Darryl has 18 years of experience in infrastructure financing having worked at Hambros, SG, CIT, RBC and HSBC. Most recently Darryl was European Head of Project Finance for HSBC in London with responsibility for a 26 person team working in EMEA on advisory and arranging mandates.
During his career, he has provided advice and financing to public and private sector clients on the delivery of infrastructure projects worldwide. He has specific experience in Public Private Partnerships and co-edited the recently published “PPP in the UK”. His experience includes:
- Advising DECC in UK on the development of the Electricity Market Reform and negotiation on the Contract for Difference of the first nuclear plant to be developed by EDF/Centrica
- Advising a major utility on its investment programme in new nuclear in the UK
- Advising PGE the Polish utility on its nuclear programme
- Advising SNN, the Romanian utility on its nuclear expansion plans
- Advising the Egyptian Government on the financing strategy for their two largest PPP projects