Clients and Innovation, Partner, KPMG in China
Customers increasingly expect to access services where, when and how they want, including through smartphones and tablets. Forward-looking financial services institutions are starting to explore the growing impact of using social media to communicate with customers, cater to evolving buying behaviors and mine a rich source of customer insights. In a low interest rate environment where insurers operate on tighter margins and must seek to acquire customers at less cost (especially in relatively slow-growing or stagnant economies), is cloud computing key to achieving greater flexibility and lowering unit costs ?
Key business issues insurers must consider now for the future:
- Aligning customer interaction with evolving preferences for greater use of mobile technology
- Social media facilitates enhanced interaction with customers, sales agents and intermediaries and other stakeholders through democratization of information
- Cloud computing affords opportunities to enhance agility and efficiency
We invite you to join in the Insurance Conversation
We want to hear your views
- How do you see distribution channels evolving in order to leverage advances in technology to enhance the customer experience?
- With operating models under increasing pressure in mature markets, what activities should insurers take today to prepare for the future?