1. Do you have a clear plan in place for the whole of the deal, including integration? Do you have agreed metrics to define and measure success?
2. Can your plan be carried out quickly?
3. Do you know in detail what you are going to do the day after the deal is completed?
4. How long is it taking to get answers to your questions from the target company?
5. Are you thinking hard enough about how you’ll integrate customers and employees into your enlarged company?
6. If this deal goes wrong, do you have the resources to do it all over again?
– Nicholas Griffin, Partner, KPMG in the UK