This report highlights key trends driving infrastructure investment in each of these markets and demonstrates how governments are coming together with the private sector to overcome funding constraints in order to finance and build projects that can improve quality of life – both solving immediate social needs and planning for future demands.
While each country has its own approach to developing and funding infrastructure, all share the universal challenge of creating the right conditions to attract the investment so desperately needed. We hope that by spotlighting these innovative and inspirational projects, we can help catalyze positive change in our society.
Selecting the Top 100
Each of the final projects was selected for the Infrastructure 100 by a global panel of independent industry experts based on five key criteria:
- Scale – How does the scale of the project relate to similar developments in its class?
- Feasibility – Is the project plan feasible and sustainable?
- Complexity – How challenging or complex is it to get stakeholder support?
- Innovation – Is there a particular challenge the project overcomes?
- Impact on society – Does it improve quality of life or promote economic growth?