As the CEOs with whom we spoke indicated, there are a number of key issues that will require careful attention from the investment management industry in the days ahead:
- the continued instability on the geopolitical landscape,
- the continuing wave of regulatory change,
- the continued pressure on margins in the investment management industry,
- pressure to reassess their approaches to operational due diligence, independent asset valuations and operational transparency,
- the threat posed by technology companies looking to disrupt the face of the financial services industry.
We will continue to monitor these developments, as well as the industry’s responses to these changes, threat and opportunities – responses that will undoubtedly play a key role in determining the fate of the investment management industry for years to come.