Around the world and across virtually every business sector, our clients are keenly focused on driving revenue growth. For those in service-based sectors, the greatest opportunity comes from delivering a differentiating customer experience. KPMG’s Customer Experience Barometer is based on an in-depth survey of 5,000 consumers across five major markets (Australia, China, Germany, the US and the UK) and five key service sectors (banking, general insurance, life insurance, e-retail and utilities).
“The KPMG Customer Experience Barometer allows service-based organizations to benchmark their customer experience against peers across industry sectors and geographies,” noted Hugh O’Reilly, Associate Partner, KPMG in the UK. “Moreover, our data provides a unique view into the areas that their customers deem most important to their experience.”
PDF files require Adobe Reader to view
Key findings of our research include:
- US customers are generally the most satisfied with their customer experience across all sectors, Australian and Chinese customers the least satisfied. Find out how your country ranked.
- China’s respondents reported the greatest improvement in customer experience across all six industry sectors surveyed.
- e-retailers returned the highest level of satisfaction with their customer experience, banks were identified as providing the second highest levels of satisfaction in this regard. Find out what put e-retailers ahead.
- Customers suggest that ‘staff engagement’ is the most important attribute for their service providers, with respondents particularly noting the importance of ‘staff who are honest and who consistently follow through on their promises’. See which attributes are most important to your customers.
- Importance scores generally range higher than performance scores suggesting that many brands may be investing in the wrong areas.