We have embedded this focus into the very fabric of our organization in areas such as:
- Our structure: Our structure is designed to support consistency of service and a high level of ethical conduct from all our people around the world. Our Global Code of Conduct and values reinforce our commitment to the UN Global Compact and the importance of our communities.
- Our governance: KPMG International’s key governance and management bodies are the Global Council, the Global Board, and the Global Executive Team. They are responsible for a range of key activities such as approving strategy, protecting and enhancing the KPMG brand, overseeing management of KPMG International and approving policies and regulations.
- Our Global Citizenship program: Our Global Citizenship programs focus on coordinating KPMG International’s approach to sustainability with those of our Citizenship leaders working within KPMG member firms. Under this structure, our Global Citizenship function provides guidance and support to member firms, while the ownership of initiatives remains at the local member firm level.
- Our stakeholder engagement initiatives: Stakeholder engagement plays a critical role at KPMG. It helps us to drive our business, evolve our strategy, focus our citizenship initiatives and develop our people. It also informs our reporting practices as an important component of determining the materiality of our sustainability issues, including what needs to be communicated and disclosed.
- Our services and solutions: Our professionals provide a range of valuable services that are central to improving the quality of human life, enhancing organizational accountability and driving economic development. Our global network has elected to put a particular focus on a number of key service areas where we can make an additional social impact through our work such as sustainability, international development, education and human and social services.
- Our support of UN goals and initiatives: This year, KPMG International has continued its support for the UN Global Compact LEAD, strengthened our Global Development Initiative aimed at helping achieve the UN Millennium Development Goals, continued our commitment to the World Economic Forum’s Responsible Capitalism principles, further developed our Disaster Emergency Response Process and created our first Disaster Relief and Emergencies report.
- Michael Andrew, Global Chairman, KPMG International
Back to top