We accomplish this objective through:
- Our values: Our values define how KPMG member firms go about their work. The key value, which underpins all others, is that member firms and their people act with integrity; constantly striving to uphold the highest professional standards, provide sound advice, and rigorously maintain their independence.
- Our Global Code of Conduct: The KPMG values are at the heart of the Code of Conduct (PDF 789 KB) , which defines the standards of ethical conduct that we expect from every partner and employee within KPMG’s global network.
- Our international commitments: KPMG International has been a signatory to the UN Global Compact since 2002 and the World Economic Forum’s Partnering Against Corruption – Principles for Countering Bribery since 2007.
- Our policies: KPMG has global policies mandating compliance with: laws, regulations and professional standards; requirements to report, and consult in relation to, suspected wrongdoing by KPMG firms or personnel, clients or third parties; anti-bribery regulations; gifts and entertainment policies; supplier arrangements; and internal accounting controls.
- Our compliance programs: KPMG International has an integrated monitoring program that covers all member firms to assess the relevance, adequacy and effective operation of key quality control policies and procedures.
- Our whistleblowing program: A KPMG International hotline is available for KPMG personnel, clients, and other parties to confidentially report concerns they have relating to certain areas of activity by KPMG International itself, those who work for KPMG International, or the senior leadership of a KPMG member firm.
- Our Support for Integrated Reporting: As participants in the International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC) pilot program, KPMG is exploring opportunities to integrate our reporting, both internally and externally. As part of this process, we have formed a cross-functional Steering Committee. We are currently leveraging the insights of KPMG client service professionals that assist clients with Integrated Reporting and assessing opportunities for our own reporting for our next fiscal year.
- Michael Andrew, Global Chairman, KPMG International
back to top