- Gary Reader has been with the KPMG organization for over 28years and from 1st October will be the Global Head of KPMG’s Insurance Sector.
- For 25 years he has focused on the insurance sector with KPMG in the UK– as an audit partner from 1996-2000, consulting partner from 2000-2011 and most recently as a markets partner. In that time his roles and work have taken him to multiple countries in KPMG’s EMA, ASPAC and Americas regions.
- As the Global Advisory leader for the insurance sector (2010 – 2013) and a member of the European and Global Insurance leadership teams, he was responsible for supporting all efforts to maximize presence in the European and Global insurance marketplace, identifying and closing advisory opportunities.
- His personal delivery experience lies in the area of financial management services, and in having set up the financial management practice in the UK. He has led a number of financial transformation projects for KPMG firms’ insurance clients.
- As the leader of the global IFRS initiative from 2009-2012, Gary was responsible for building KPMG’s proposition and go-to-market strategy for KPMG member firms’ global accounts.
- Gary is currently leading the General Insurance Sector in the UK – a role he has been doing for the last 12 months – and in that time there has been a significant increase in market presence.
Gary has significant experience in three key areas:
- Finance change programs within global insurance organizations. This has included a wide range of projects from designing target operating models for finance to developing board reporting packs.
- Delivering global IFRS and US GAAP conversion projects to, predominantly, financial services organizations.
- Managing senior relationships at various global insurance accounts.