Independent assurance—whether for internal or external use—of an organization’s processes, controls, and data helps ensure the company’s sustainability data is reliable and accurate; thereby supporting the credibility of information used in decision making, compensation, and external reporting.
KPMG independent assurance of your Corporate Responsibility report can help you by:
- Performing attestation services over your internal and external sustainability reporting systems (either for internal or external users), controls and/or data
- Enhancing existing processes—focusing on strategy, risk assessment, operational improvement, and benchmarking against Industry best practices
- Providing recommendations for improvements.
Why is sustainability assurance important?
Independent assurance over sustainability metrics and reports can:
- Provide confidence to stakeholders, directors, and senior management as to the accuracy and credibility of publicly disclosed performance data and associated information
- Provide comfort to management that the sustainability information supplies a robust basis for decisions and an accurate presentation of performance against business objectives
- Become a tool for mitigating risks associated with the potential disclosure of inaccurate or misleading information
- Add independent credibility to publicly disclosed performance data and information
- Provide useful feedback on better practice observations.