We are delighted to announce that KPMG International is once again sponsoring the International Insurance Society seminar – the preeminent global insurance industry conference. This year’s event will take place at the Sofitel Rio Copacabana Hotel in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, between Sunday 17 and Wednesday 20 June.
It is the ninth consecutive year that the global insurance leadership will attend the seminar. The theme of this year’s seminar is ‘Insurance frontiers – Sustainability and innovation in emerging markets’.
With the seminar taking place in Brazil, one of the fastest growing economies in world, I anticipate the week to be enlightening. A key highlight will be UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon presenting on the UN’s Environment Program Financial Initiative on ‘Principles for Sustainable Insurance’, ahead of the Rio+20 UN conference on Sustainable Development, occurring immediately after the IIS seminar.
The seminar will also feature eminent speakers from the global insurance industry:
- Neill A. Currie, President and CEO, RenaissanceRe, Bermuda
- Denis Kessler, Chairman and CEO, SCOR, France
- Governor Dirk Kempthorne, President and CEO, American Council of Life Insurers (ACLI), USA
- Patrick de Larragoiti Lucus, Chairman, SulAmerica, Brazil
- Pedro de Macedo, CEO, MAPFRE RE, Spain
- Katsutoshi Saito, Chairman, Dai-ichi Life, Japan
- Barry Stowe, Chief Executive, Prudential Corporation Asia, Hong Kong
- Yanli Zhou, Vice Chairman, China Insurance Regulatory Commission, P.R. China
For more information visit the International Insurance Society micro site, where you will find the evolving seminar programme, delegate lists, supporting seminar marketing material, registration and accommodation instructions.