We can work with you and your clients, from planning through to implementation, ensuring that a proposed restructuring or group simplification is implemented in the most efficient manner and that all potential pitfalls are identified and addressed early on. By investing time in getting to know your business, we ensure that you will have the answers that reflect your business needs.
Review a transaction step paper:
- highlight the relevant accounting
- provide illustrative journal entries
- indicate where Management would need to make accounting policy choices and judgements
Support the implementation of a group simplification plan, including:
- presentation of the plan to internal stakeholders
- liaising with tax, legal and other advisers
- reviewing legal and other documents
- providing technical accounting guidance as issues arise throughout the project
Devise an efficient group structure that results in simplified reporting lines and eliminates redundant entities, thereby reducing ongoing costs.
Provide a solution that reflects 'best practice' principles of restructuring, for example:
- ensuring that transfers of assets are at the correct value (book versus fair value)
- minimising impairment risks
- working with our tax colleagues to ensure that transfers are tax-efficient
- avoiding unlawful distributions or dividend traps