To avoid costly delays, hassles, or worse at the border, keeping up on the latest rules and procedures is critical.
If your business trades with other countries, KPMG can help you navigate increasingly complex trade regulations on both sides of the border while controlling costs and managing risks.
In many countries, the trade compliance burden has shifted from customs authorities to importers and exporters. Export regulations are often inadvertently revoked. The change from border inspections to in-depth verifications also means importers and exporters must establish adequate internal controls and well-documented compliance procedures.
Compounding these issues are security measures put in place to ensure the safe transfer of goods. Fortunately, companies that are aware of and have endorsed new security initiatives not only help protect their products, but also expedite their movement to clients, resulting in fewer delays and better customer service.
Working with a global network of international trade and customs professionals, you can address potential risks associated with cross-border shipping and transactions.
The appropriate range of Trade and Customs Compliance and Advisory services covers all types of customs and excise duties, and import and export services. Our team of multidisciplinary professionals can help you:
- Take control of your customs reporting responsibilities by reviewing current systems and implementing automated reporting systems with direct electronic links under the Customs Self-Assessment (CSA) program
- Develop a global customs compliance strategy that takes into account all of the countries in which you do business
- Establish control systems to comply with customs laws and regulations, identify opportunities for duty recoveries and/or reductions in future duty payments, and implement cost reductions and increased reporting efficiency.
Do you import or export high- or low-risk goods? Are you complying with the new customs and border security regulations? Prepared for a customs audit? You can address these key issues and challenges through our services:
- Free and Secure Trade (FAST) – Canada and the US
- Partners in Protection (PIP) – Canada
- Customs-Trade Partnership Against Terrorism (C-TPAT) – US
- Customs Self-Assessment (CSA) – Canada
- Advanced Commercial Information (ACI) – Canada.
- Multi-Program Verification Initiative Preparation
- Customs Compliance Manuals
- Administrative Monetary Penalty Mitigation
- Duty relief under Orders in Council
- Advanced Customs Ruling.
Please contact us to find out more about how we can help you.