- For the second time, Canada ranked first among the 10 countries compared, with total tax costs 46.4% lower than the US
- The UK is the most tax competitive in corporate services
- Canada, the UK and the Netherlands all shows particularly low TTIs in R&D services, reflecting considerable incentives in those countries
- Mexico surpassed Canada to rank first in the Manufacturing sector for tax competitiveness
- Significant depreciation of the Japanese Yen over the last two years contributed in Japan’s 33.7 point decrease in TTI, the largest change among the 10 countries
- Canada, UK and the Netherlands offer the lowest effective corporate income tax rates across a range of business sectors
For more information on how countries fared, view our infographic below, explore the Canadian results, or download the report [PDF 1.57MB] for more in-depth information.
KPMG can help
KPMG's global network of International Corporate Tax professionals consider the broad impact of international taxes, and assist businesses and organizations worldwide to manage tax liabilities and assist in future tax planning.
KPMG can help you:
- Manage complexities of multiple tax systems and regulations
- Handle cross-border tax matters
- Identify and secure grants and other government incentives
- Enhance tax accounting methods and systems
- Prepare tax and information returns and other disclosure requests
- Seek tax-efficient exits from foreign markets
- Define new venture and growth strategy, and determine supply chain optimization
- Assist on due diligence and other related audit, tax, accounting and compliance issues
For more information, please contact Elio Luongo.