- For the second time, Canada ranked first among the 10 countries compared, with total tax costs 46.4% lower than the US
- Canada offers the lowest effective corporate income tax rate at 7.2%
- Significant tax incentives made Canada the most tax competitive in the Digital Services and R&D sectors
- Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal are the most tax competitive among 51 major international cities (population of two million people or more)
- Edmonton has the lowest tax costs among 107 international cities examined
For more information on the study, view our infographic below, explore the International results, or download the report [PDF 1.57MB] for more in-depth information.
KPMG can help
KPMG's global network of International Corporate Tax professionals consider the broad impact of international taxes, and assist businesses and organizations worldwide to manage tax liabilities and assist in future tax planning.
KPMG can help you:
- Manage complexities of multiple tax systems and regulations
- Handle cross-border tax matters
- Identify and secure grants and other government incentives
- Enhance tax accounting methods and systems
- Prepare tax and information returns and other disclosure requests
- Seek tax-efficient exits from foreign markets
- Define new venture and growth strategy, and determine supply chain optimization
- Assist on due diligence and other related audit, tax, accounting and compliance issues
For more information, please contact Elio Luongo.