Whether your company is considering relocation, expansion, merger, acquisition or offshoring, our Focus on Tax study can serve as your guide to help you understand the tax landscape.
- For the second time, Canada ranked first among the 10 countries compared, with total tax costs 46.4% lower than the US
- Total Tax Index (TTI) rankings of countries in 2014 are broadly consistent with 2012 rankings – the UK moved ahead of Mexico, and Australia ahead of Germany
- Japan, Italy and France have seen significant improvements in their TTI scores
- Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal are the most tax competitive among 51 major international cities
For more information on how countries fared, view our infographic below, explore the Canadian and International results, or download the report [PDF 1.57MB] for more in-depth information.
KPMG can help
KPMG's global network of International Corporate Tax professionals consider the broad impact of international taxes, and assist businesses and organizations worldwide to manage tax liabilities and assist in future tax planning.
KPMG can help you:
- Manage complexities of multiple tax systems and regulations
- Handle cross-border tax matters
- Identify and secure grants and other government incentives
- Enhance tax accounting methods and systems
- Prepare tax and information returns and other disclosure requests
- Seek tax-efficient exits from foreign markets
- Define new venture and growth strategy, and determine supply chain optimization
- Assist on due diligence and other related audit, tax, accounting and compliance issues
For more information, please contact Elio Luongo.