Our Anti-Money Laundering (AML) team helps securities, insurance, banking, and other institutions meet their responsibility to prevent, detect, and respond to money laundering and anti-terrorism financing through the development of a strong AML compliance regime. We assist numerous institutions in assessing and implementing AML compliance programs domestically and internationally, and in investigating complex money laundering and fraud schemes.
Our services include:
- Risk identification and categorization of customers, correspondents, products, and locations
- Assessment of AML infrastructure, including compliance program design, business processes, and work and information management
- AML policy and procedures design and implementation
- Performing independent reviews required under Canada's Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act and the counterpart legislative requirements in the US and UK
- AML training program design and delivery
- Identification and investigation of suspicious transactions and accounts
- Assistance with inquiries from law enforcement and regulators.
Please contact James McAuley for further information.