The best-positioned companies can benefit from the new opportunities surfacing in the wake of these challenges, which include:
- The ability to continually introduce new products
- Improved operational efficiency
- Need for real-time reporting on channel activity globally
- Optimized electronic software distribution and e-commerce capabilities
- Delivery of the Software as a Service (SaaS) business model
- Improved customer retention
- Building strategic partnerships and alliances
- Shareholder value.
At KPMG, our Software & Services industry practice offers established methodologies and dedicated resources to help address the unique audit, tax, risk, and financial advisory needs of software companies. Given the experience of our professionals, we know evolving business models that can affect you and are focused on helping to create results-oriented benefits, which means clear, implemented strategies that can help resolve the most challenging issues in a rapidly evolving marketplace that deals with:
- Technology/product convergence
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Shortened product life cycles
- Intellectual property/piracy
- Human resources constraints
- Customer retention
- Emergence of electronic commerce
- Volatile financial markets
- Volatility in demand
- Price competition
- Channel management.
The Software & Services industry is a powerful engine of economic growth both domestically and globally; KPMG can assist you in successfully grasping this opportunity.