Complexity in the industry can often give rise to inefficiencies and increased cost; identification and management of these costs can become more important as companies strive to maintain their profit margin and fund growth in a changing global economy. Common factors playing an increased role in the sector are:
- Availability of capital to finance operations and maintaining a strong balance sheet
- Increasing operational costs
- Ongoing merger and acquisition activity amongst competitors and customers.
KPMG has built one of Canada's largest Energy Services practices, comprising multifunctional teams of Audit, Tax, Advisory professionals who focus exclusively on companies in this segment. We have a solid base of experience and some of the areas in which we have assisted our Energy Services clients include:
- Transaction Advisory Services, such as buy or sell support
- Identifying and implementing cost optimization approaches
- Delivering effective tax strategies for expatriates working in foreign markets
- Understanding possible unforeseen risks related to suppliers, international transactions, and market fluctuations.
- Implementation and conversion to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Tapping into our global network to enter global capital markets
- Mitigating external risks by helping implement solid internal controls.
KPMG's Energy Services professionals are highly knowledgeable with years of hands-on experience and application.