KPMG is committed to making a difference and having a positive impact in the communities in which we live and work.
We are pleased to present KPMG's Social Responsibility Report 2008, which provides an overview of KPMG's engagement in the community and the leadership demonstrated by our people.
KPMG's Social Responsibility Report 2008 covers the time period from January 1, 2008, through December 31, 2008. Topics covered in this year's report include:
- Relationships, both among our people and with our clients, are based on trust and reflect a clear framework of ethics, integrity, and values, which are the cornerstones of how KPMG and our people conduct themselves.
- Our people have a strong commitment to act as leaders in their communities.
- Hundreds of KPMG employees make a difference in their communities across Canada.
- In 2007, KPMG formalized its commitment to reduce its environmental footprint, demonstrated by the launch of the Environmental Performance Initiative (EPI). In 2008, strategies and processes were implemented and additional opportunities identified to reduce the firm's environmental footprint.
- In 2008, KPMG International was the first of the "Big 4" accounting firms to announce a global ambition and approach to help address the challenges of climate change named "KPMG's Global Green Initiative."
- Our diverse workforce is a direct expression of the communities in which we operate.
- KPMG is dedicated to creating an inclusive work environment. In 2008, KPMG was recognized for its dedication by being named one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and one of the Best Employers for New Canadians.
- No longer is it business as usual in the marketplace-economic challenges exist that have placed increased pressure on charitable organizations and their clients. KPMG and The KPMG Foundation recognize that it is more important then ever to be engaged in and actively support our communities.
The values demonstrated in KPMG's Social Responsibility Report 2008 allow for the expression of our commitment to the communities in which we live and work, and the ways in which we are making a difference.