- The IASB has tentatively decided that IFRS 9 Financial Instruments will be effective for annual periods beginning on or after 1 January 2018.
- The IASB expects to issue the remaining chapters of IFRS 9 in Q2 2014.
- Market practice for pricing derivatives is evolving. We discuss some accounting issues related to the inclusion of funding into valuation estimates.
- New section on benchmarks. We have looked at the financial statements issued by 10 banks reporting under IFRS to compare their new disclosure of the fair value hierarchy of financial instruments carried at amortized cost, such as loans..
- The European Banking Authority issues proposals for disclosure of asset encumbrance. We consider some possible interactions with disclosure requirements under IFRS.
To receive the IFRS Newsletter: Banking alert, please register to the site.