Based on a survey conducted over December 2013 to February 2014, this report highlights the top 10 risks and the top 10 opportunities identified by survey respondents, with separate analysis for both life insurance and property and casualty insurance.
The top risks identified included:
- Regulatory and compliance burden
- Low interest rates
- Catastrophic loss events
- Changes in accounting and actuarial standards
The top 10 opportunities included:
- Improved understanding of risk and capital management
- Improvements from customer data analytics
- Exploiting process and technology improvements
This report provides insights on the key issues that matter to Canadian insurers in the current environment. For more information, download the report [PDF 1.31Mb].
If you have any questions or would like further information, please reach out to one of the report authors or your local KPMG adviser.