Articles featured in this edition include:
- Data traffic - Within the next two years the Internet will revolutionize private transport. Web providers and car manufacturers are vying for supremacy.
- Business partner: Hewlett-Packard – HP automotive experts Oliver Bahns and Joachim Klink on automobile networking.
- Expertise: Strategic alliances – Nowadays it is impossible to imagine the globalized automotive industry without international alliances. Joint ventures are, however, only one of many cooperation models.
- Country focus: The Russian engine reignites – The past few years have been very turbulent on the car market in this vast empire. Now the industry is attracting potential investors again.
- Best practice: Slimming down for the emerging countries – The demand for affordable small cars is growing rapidly worldwide. This poses major challenges for automotive companies and suppliers.
- Expertise: Varying standards – Western compliance rules frequently clash with the conventions in newly developing countries. It is difficult to overcome the differences.
- Exit: Santana Superstar – China is the hottest market right now for taxi fleet business. The VW “Santana” is especially popular. On the trail in the Middle Kingdom.