May 21, 2013
Rob Davis and Warren Novis
Toronto, Transfer Pricing
Montreal, Transfer Pricing
Vancouver, Partner-in-Charge of Tax
A committee of the OECD Global Forum on Transfer Pricing has released a draft Handbook on Transfer Pricing Risk Assessment for discussion. This handbook is intended to provide clear and detailed steps countries can take to assess the transfer pricing risk presented by an individual taxpayer's operations, and to serve as a manual for both developing and developed countries to use in conducting transfer pricing risk assessments. The OECD is inviting public comments on the draft handbook by September 13, 2013.
The handbook's chapters include:
- Introduction to transfer pricing risk assessment
- Questions to be answered in a transfer pricing risk assessment process
- Assessing when transfer pricing risk exists and when it does not
- Sources of information for conducting a transfer pricing risk assessment
- Risk assessment process - Selecting cases for transfer pricing audit
- Building productive relationships with taxpayers - The enhanced engagement approach.
For more information, contact your KPMG adviser.
Information is current to May 21, 2013. The information contained in this publication is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavour to provide accurate and timely information, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should act upon such information without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of the particular situation. For more information, contact KPMG's National Tax Centre at 416.777.8500