This report analyzes the increasingly wide range of insurance-related regulatory drivers. Initiatives such as systemic risk, the IAIS Insurance Core Principles (ICPs) and the European Union’s Solvency II Directive remain a key focus for many insurers and regulators. Increasingly, as more jurisdictions begin to implement the ICPs, assessing how best to accommodate multi-jurisdictional compliance and reporting requirements becomes a growing strategic challenge.
The ongoing regulatory change agenda, the renewed need for increased growth, profitability, capital returns and cost reductions remain central themes for the industry. We believe Insurers who manage these challenges with an eye on creating positive value for enhanced performance will be best positioned for success.
Article topics include:
- How ComFrame will change the supervision of internationally active insurance groups
- The systemic debate shifts to insurers: the likely implications
- The latest developments in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM)
- The emerging prudential and conduct oversight framework
- The latest developments in financial reporting, valuation and disclosure