KPMG's FATCA team also reviews the documentation requirements that will be imposed on Canadian entities by Canadian and foreign financial institutions pursuant to FATCA, the Canada/U.S. Intergovernmental Agreement and Canadian law.
Specifically, the webcast discusses:
- Implications of entities receiving U.S. source income
- Responsibilities of multinational organizations
- Deemed financial institutions within a non-financial group
- Rules that may be applied inconsistently between jurisdictions
- Withholding responsibilities of U.S. subsidiaries on inter-company and third-party payments.
A replay of the webcast is available.
For more information, contact your KPMG adviser.
Information is current to April 15, 2014. The information contained in this publication is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavour to provide accurate and timely information, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should act upon such information without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of the particular situation. For more information, contact KPMG's National Tax Centre at 416.777.8500