Key consultation issues
Finance has identified the following topics which it says will be discussed at the pre-budget hearings:
- Focusing on fiscal sustainability and economic growth
- Helping vulnerable Canadians, including Aboriginal Canadians, youth, persons with a disability and newcomers
- Supporting research and innovation, including through tax incentives
- Ensuring prosperous and secure rural and urban communities
Improving government efficiency, including through reducing red tape
- Maximizing employment opportunities for Canadians.
For more information, contact your KPMG adviser.
Information is current to June 18, 2013. The information contained in this publication is of a general nature and is not intended to address the circumstances of any particular individual or entity. Although we endeavour to provide accurate and timely information, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received or that it will continue to be accurate in the future. No one should act upon such information without appropriate professional advice after a thorough examination of the particular situation. For more information, contact KPMG’s National Tax Centre at 416.777.8500