Recent economic events have created a fragile world economy, and central banks now play an increasingly key role in responding to these issues.
Given that each country's central bank is unique, and that there is no common financial reporting framework, it can be difficult to compare one central bank to another. This publication helps you to understand central bank financial reporting, by comparing practices and examining the commonalities and differences. Financial reporting areas covered:
• Policy instruments and changes during times of crisis
• Accounting frameworks and policies
• Capital management
• Interactions with government
• Financial instrument disclosures
• Other risk management disclosures