With today's focus on globalisation, there is an increasing need for the transfer of skills and labour. Short-term assignments and extended business travel are therefore common occurrences. However, income and social tax issues can turn seemingly straightforward assignments into something more complex for both the employer and the employee.
Understanding each country's tax and immigration regimes and planning in advance go a long way towards avoiding any unwanted tax and regulatory problems.
In this seminar, speakers from KPMG offices across Asia Pacific will share their knowledge of managing and mitigating exposure to tax, social security and immigration issues (including the application of double taxation agreements) in their respective countries.
• To be cognisant of personal income tax and compliance-related issues in the Asia Pacific region
• To be aware of how to mitigate tax, including the use of double taxation agreements
• To be aware of work permit / visa requirements
• Tax and other issues relevant to short-term assignees and extended business travellers
• Tax treaty considerations