Back office functions are regularly faced with seemingly conflicting challenges, such as having the capability to support the strategic ambitions of the wider business with the latest technological solutions, but without incurring high capital investment costs. Or reducing service delivery costs while improving quality and having access to highly skilled staff. Or delivering operational excellence while allowing senior executives to reduce the time spent on operational tasks and increase the time spent on higher value strategic work.
These are complex challenges which require robust and sustainable solutions. But getting it right can offer significant benefits and support the future success of organisations. The creation or expansion of shared service centers and potential Outsourcing of service delivery have proved themselves to be an effective route to addressing complex business challenges such as these.
- How do we simultaneously reduce costs and improve the service being delivered?
- How can we ensure that the cost of service delivery continues to be market competitive in terms of cost and quality?
- How can we integrate our global back office operations to improve efficiency and access to business-wide management information?
- How can we best manage the tax, regulatory, accounting and technology risk management implications of our change programs?
KPMG's shared services and outsourcing advisory services can help by:
- Transitioning disparate operations to a centralised, standardised shared service centre.
- Establishing an appropriate governance structure to ensure that value is delivered.
- Working in partnership with you to help create solutions that can offer top class service delivery at market competitive rates, both now and in the future.