In the customary manner, the participants had the opportunity following the introductory talks (by Prof. Reto Eberle and Prof. Conrad Meyer) to address specific issues in more detail in various workshops:
- For companies in industry and commerce the participants addressed the challenging issues associated with business combinations and selected aspects of the new accounting standard for listed companies (Swiss GAAP FER 31) with Stefan Andres and Reto Eberle.
- The accounting standard for nonprofit organizations has proven its worth in practice. Individual aspects that regularly give rise to questions were discussed by Michael Herzog and Prof. Daniel Zöbeli (Fernfachhochschule Schweiz / Swiss Distance Learning University of Applied Sciences).
- The Swiss GAAP FER have become the industry standard for hospitals. Both the launch and use of the manual published by H+ have given rise to interesting application questions. Marc Dominic Widmer and Michael Eichenberger drew up answers to these questions with the participants.
- Together with representatives of building and health insurers, Hieronymus T. Dormann, Andrea Bischof and Thomas Trüb discussed lessons from the implementation of Swiss GAAP FER 41.
- After the workshops an Apéro Riche was served. Our event has shown that much can be gained from sharing and exchanging with peers.
Pictures of the event