Improving the alignment between the data and information systems relied on by internal management and external regulators is fundamental. We believe the articles in this issue should help illuminate some of the directions for future development.
Articles in this edition include:
- Cyber-crime: Insurers on the firing line
- Regulatory roundtable: Data and the CIO under the microscope
- Governance strategies for managing the data lifecycle: Knowing when to fold versus hold and protect
- Rebuilding and reinforcing risk data infrastructure
- Seeing is believing: Visual analytics and making sense of data
- Technology and payments: Beyond the hype?
- Better banking reporting: Aligning reports with shareholder value
- Systemic risk: A limitation of traditional risk management practices