3,400 companies representing the national leaders from 34 countries around the world, including the 250 largest global companies, were included in our research.
- Corporate responsibility (CR) reporting has become the de facto law for business
- CR reporting enhances financial value
- The current practice of combined reporting leads to integrated reporting
- The bar on data integrity is rising
- Leading companies are making the most of assurance
It seems clear, therefore, that companies not yet reporting on their CR activities are under significant pressure to start. This will be increasingly critical; not only to stay competitive in a societal context, but also to gain a better understanding of how CR activities affect and benefit the business in areas such as cost savings and new business opportunities and strengthen the core strategy.