The business of sports has changed significantly in recent times. Countries and cities compete for international sporting events, sport clubs are run more like businesses, star athletes earn skyrocketing wages and media companies increasingly exert their influence. Overall, the business side of sports is becoming more competitive, resourceful and an initiator of related businesses in itself.
Whether you wish to host a sporting event, to enhance your sports business, or develop a new sports facility, it is imperative to gain a clear understanding of the opportunities and risks that lie ahead.
KPMG’s Sports Advisory practice based in Budapest is well positioned to assist clients in addressing the challenges sports organizations face in the rapidly changing circumstances of business.
Our areas of experience include
- Valuation services and bidding assistance;
- Strategy development and independent business review;
- Business planning;
- Feasibility Studies and Economic Impact Studies;
- Internal audit and operational services;
- Purpose-built and mixed-use facilities concept development; and
- PPP scheme development.
- Alpine sports
- Motor sports (Formula 1, Moto GP, etc.)
- Large events (FIFA, UEFA, Olympics)
- Stadia, arenas
- Sport clubs
- Industry bodies / Event organizers