The Corruption of Foreign Public Officials Act in Canada, as well as foreign laws with extra-territorial reach such as the US Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA), makes it a criminal offence for individuals or corporations to make or offer bribes in exchange for unfair advantage or improper benefits. Our Anti-Bribery and Corruption Services are aimed at helping multinational clients achieve compliance with national and international bribery and corruption legislation, as well as helping them respond to allegations of bribery and corruption, including regulatory or law enforcement action.
We can assist our clients with:
- Maintaining compliance with anti-bribery and corruption laws by ensuring they have effective firm-wide policies, systems, and controls that comply with the legislation and manage bribery and corruption risks
- Responding immediately and decisively to allegations of bribery and corruption within the organization and to related investigations by regulators or law enforcement bodies
- Increasing levels of training and awareness amongst employees of bribery and corruption risks
- Managing the risks of operating in or expanding into high-risk jurisdictions, including emerging markets, through bribery and corruption risk assessments and pre-acquisition due diligence
- Assessing compliance with the organization's anti-bribery and corruption policies, procedures, and controls, including compliance of field offices
- Electronic evidence recovery and analysis in conjunction with bribery and corruption investigations.
Click here to read KPMG’s 2011 Global Anti-Bribery and Corruption Survey.
Click here to read more about our Anti-Bribery and Corruption Services.
Please contact Suzanne Schulz or Derek Rostant for further information.