Our objective is to help you achieve increased alignment of technology and business strategy through earlier and reliable delivery of business benefits; reduced risk of major project failure and delays; aligning the business functions and information technology to work effectively together; and gaining competitive advantage, from improved financial and management reporting to enabling fast incisive commercial decisions. Our capabilities include advising on:
- IT-Enabled Business Programs – Helping to ensure your investments in IT programs realize the target benefits by designing and managing the programs and delivery of the technology solutions.
- Reporting and Decision Support – Helping to ensure you gain the insight to allow you to make effective and timely decisions when managing your business.
- IT Strategy and Organization – Helping to ensure your strategic use of IT and your delivery model support your business strategy effectively and appropriately.
As organizations transform to compete in the global marketplace, executing an effective shared services and outsourcing strategy has become an imperative. More of our clients are requesting that their advisers help them establish a transformative global delivery structure that is flexible and creates ongoing value and competitive advantage. KPMG has a team of advisers with deep functional knowledge in:
- Finance & Accounting
- Other critical business processes.
KPMG’s Business Systems Advisory Services combine deep business, finance, and accounting experience with extensive knowledge of technical and functional business systems to address the following:
- Business systems implementation and upgrade lifecycle support services
- Enterprise application strategy, planning, and governance
- Business requirements identification
- Vendor selection assistance for software and service providers
- Business process design and transformation
- Conversion and interface quality assurance, including data quality assessment of legacy systems and data integrity assurance in business systems
- Implementation risk identification and management
- Controls design, integration, and assessment
- Segregation of duties, security and identity management design, and implementation
- Pre-implementation and readiness reviews and post-implementation reviews
- System stabilization, monitoring, and improvement
- Project management and quality assurance.
We can help your business get the most value from your Business Intelligence (BI) investment, bringing confidence that you are getting the insights you need to make informed decisions and ultimately improve the performance of your business.
Our approach addresses the following:
- Strategic alignment – Understanding your strategic objectives and decision-making processes to help you deliver the right information to support your strategy
- Governance – Identifying who owns, uses, and produces information to help you create consistent and accurate performance reporting
- Performance management & reporting – Integrating planning, forecasting, budgeting, and reporting to help you focus on the information that matters
- Integrated information management – Managing information as an asset to remove duplication and help you achieve accuracy, consistency, and integrity of your data
- Business intelligence platform – Understanding how you use information to help you use the right tool set to improve cost-focused decision making
- Infrastructure – Helping you implement a secure, flexible, scalable, and cost-effective information infrastructure.
We can help companies implement significant and sustainable cost reductions, either driving savings to the bottom line or redeploying the savings in under-invested activities to add value by:
- Taking on the role of “internal investor,” scrutinizing where the information technology organization is bloated or starved of cash and identifying appropriate actions
- Embedding a cost management culture across the business and creating incentives for eliminating waste
- Simplifying and streamlining processes to help reduce costs and free up time for value-adding activities
- Identifying performance gaps and working with management to deliver lasting change.
For more information, please contact any partner on this page.