Approaches Built on Context and Perspective
At KPMG, we serve organizations involved in all aspects of the Power & Utilities sector, from generation and transmission through to distribution and retail. Our Power & Utilities professionals understand the sector's unique and ever changing issues. These issues affect the entire industry, from the largest generators to the smallest independent power producers. These factors also apply to municipal or provincially owned transmission and distribution companies. Some of the areas in which we have assisted our Power & Utilities clients include:
- Creating sound public-private partnerships to meet increasing demands
- Uncovering ways to help reduce the tax burden
- Mitigating external risks by helping to implement solid internal controls and examining business continuity strategies
- Providing thorough due diligence with input from our global network of professionals;
- Accessing capital to help make improvements to the aging infrastructure;
- Identifying and implementing cost optimization approaches
- Implementation and conversion to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
At KPMG, we bring context and perspective to our clients, providing practical ways to help them reduce costs, enhance processes and technologies, and improve their market focus.
KPMG further supports the Power & Utilities sector with its Centers of Excellence; the Calgary Center is one of 11 centers worldwide. These Centers focus on developing insights into the industry and supporting initiatives within the industry. We bring these same insights to the audits we perform.