This is your chance to learn from some of the best and for KPMG to share with you our valuable resources, helping you develop as a professional. In addition to building your case-writing skills, Ace the Case will allow you to:
- Get a jump on the UFE - The Uniform Evaluation (UFE), is a case-based examination and, thus, participating in the workshop is great practice
- Meet and network with participants from various universities as well as KPMG professionals in your local office
- Get a taste of what it means to pursue your career in Public Accounting
- Learn valuable skills to help you develop to your full potential both as a student and a professional
Below is an outline of the agenda for the 2-day workshop:
The first day of the session covers primarily case-writing skills, including the basic approach, outlining, ranking of issues, quantitative analysis, and many others. You will also focus on the presentation aspect of case writing and properly presenting your results as a group.
Day Two is competition day! You and your group will tackle a case head on and prepare to present your solution to a set of KPMG judges.
Winning teams from each local competition will move on to face off against each other in the Ace the Case National Competition in March. The winning team from the national competition will move on to represent Canada at the International level.
Ace the Case is also an opportunity to gain valuable international experience. Global experience adds significant value to anyone's business resume, making this opportunity truly unique and unlike most other student programs available. The KPMG International Case Competition will be happening this April in Madrid, Spain!
For more information on the KICC, visit www.kpmg.com/kicc.
Look out for advertisements at your university or career centre to find out how you can apply to take part in Ace the Case. To find out when KPMG will be on your campus to promote Ace the Case, check out our Campus Visits section.
Please apply to the local office workshop listed below that is closest for you to attend:
- Calgary - January 18th & 19th, 2013 - Application Deadline: January 10th, 2013 at 12:00PM MST.
- Montreal - February 1st & 2nd, 2013 - Application Deadline: January 10th, 2013 at 11:59PM EST.
- Toronto - January 25th & 26th, 2013 - Application Deadline: November 30th, 2012 at 5PM EST.
- Vancouver - February 1st & 2nd, 2013 - Application Deadline: January 15th, 2013 at 8:59PM PST.
As part of your application, you will be asked to select a preferred office for potential employment, which does not have any bearing on the Ace the Case Workshop that you will attend; however, it will ensure that you are able to connect with individuals from that office. If you have any questions, please contact your local campus recruitment team.
To see highlights of the Ace the Case program, check out our video on YouTube.